Sunday, August 9, 2009

my stuff

Hat: can't remember, Shirt: Ralph Lauren, Tie: The Hill-Side, Trousers: Lacoste, Shoes: Camper, Watch: Timex

I love driving caps. I have a pretty good collection, although I always have my eye out. I also have a soft spot for gingham.

Ralph Lauren is always a good bet for a solid shirt. It might not be the brand of the moment, but it will always fit well and last for awhile.

The Hill-Side is an amazing new company. If you're in the market for a tie, handkerchief, or bandanna, this is the place to go. The guys at The Hill-Side use sturdy, unconventional fabrics like chambray, denim, and waxed cotton which lends their ties a nice edge. I'll probably wear this indigo selvedge denim tie as much as possible. It works well with a suit, as well as with my shirt untucked. Stay tuned for an upcoming post on The Hill-Side.

I don't really have a lot of stuff from Lacoste, in fact these trousers may be the only thing I own. But I do like them. A good chocolate brown trouser is a nice alternative to khaki or navy. To roll or to cuff? I tend to roll my trousers in the summer. It's because I have sexy ankles. When you got it, flaunt it, right?

My plum selvedge chambray bandanna. This will be in my back pocket, around my neck, or folded as a pocket square every day. Can you tell I really like the Hill-Side?

The contents of my pockets: Billykirk card holder in tan leather and the Hill-Side bandanna. I plan on owning these pieces for a long time.

Franny is normally around when I take pictures of myself. I think she was getting a little jealous. She kept shooting me the 'you actually take pictures of yourself ?' look. No one likes it when their dog calls them on their slightly narcissistic activities. This is her stare off into the distance pose.

3 comments:

Ryan E. Plett said...

Franny stole the show...sorry Jon! I see you finally got that BillyKirk!

Anonymous said...

Yesss, an outfit post. Dig it. I like the driving cap. Franny is too cute wearing the bandanna!

AsianCajuns said...

You and your pup look so good in Hill Side! Your post always make me wish that I could pull-off more menswear. I'll just have to live vicariously through you and my bf.

ps- rolled jeans for summer- yes! Girls can do that too, right?

Post a Comment