Sunday, June 28, 2009

my stuff

After a friend's art show my parents and I decided to stop by the local mall for some ice cream. Having a few new babies in the extended family always gives my mom a reason to just 'stop by' a few stores. So while they were in the baby gap, I decided to peruse the Gap to see if any of the raw selvage had trickled its way into middle america. No luck. Until I hear my dad say "These look a lot like those APC's you just got." My dad had found the one pair in the store. Apparently an internet return they just happen to be the right size. For 90 bucks, I couldn't pass up at least trying them out. Yes, my dad found them and he knows about APC. Maybe he should have this blog...


top:gap bottom:apc

Like everyone else, I was curious to see how a $90 pair of denim compares to $155 denim. The fits are certainly different, with the APC being a bit slimmer with more of a taper than the Gap. I've worn the APCs for about two months now, so comparing the hand of the two jeans is a bit off. They both feel substantial-the Gap denim is not significantly lighter and I can't really tell if the weaves are very different. The conversation around these gap jeans has centered around how long they will last and if the construction is up to par. Not being an expert, it's hard to say. Generally details like construction take a few weeks to present themselves through wear and tear.

I guess only time will tell if there is a significant difference between 'premium' denim and denim for the teeming masses. Stay tuned for updates on both jeans. (I know you all are on the edge of your seats waiting to see what kind of whiskering takes place)

3 comments:

Shini said...

wow I've never had anyone compare quality denim with highstreet store denim. Looks like the sheen on the APC denim is more genuine (?) too, wow look at me talking about things I have no idea about...

Anonymous said...

I like the wash of the Gap jeans.. so nice purchase. Would be interesting to see how well the Gap ones hold up though. Like I should talk about jeans.. the most I've spent on a pair is 90 bucks. :)

AsianCajuns said...

I am on the edge of my seat! I love your APC jeans (but alas, too much for me)- so I hope Gap delivers.

And I think that is pretty darn wonderful that your dad found those and knows about APC- maybe he should guest blog!

Post a Comment