Saturday, February 14, 2009

the noumenal girl

So it's valentine's day and I had to stumble across this picture. I'm not even sure Grace Kelly was ever real. I mean look at her. I always thought that Helen of Troy probably looked like Grace Kelly. The fact that she is wearing glasses and has another pair perched on her head makes her even more perfect. So what's the lesson here girls? Woven fabrics are always in. Glasses make a perfect girl's imperfect eyes even more adorable. And that Ms. Kelly made it really hard for the rest of you ladies...

I had to add this one too. I think if I saw two women of this caliber in the same room I could die. I know Audrey and Grace are easy style icons to pick, but sometimes it's the right choice. If you're going to pick a basketball player to emulate, it'd be Jordan, right? Same here. Let's everyone copy the style and grace of these two women. Forever. Simple hair, gloves, and impeccable good looks. That's all a lady needs, right?

3 comments:

AsianCajuns said...

Damn you Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn for your elegant, iconic styles and beauty!

I've never seen that photo with Kelly and Hepburn together. It makes me wish I had a big ballgown and a ball to go to.

Margaret Meyer said...

I find them both beautiful but maybe a little too perfect. I'm curious who you'd consider the male equivalent of Kelly and Hepburn.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! I actually prefer Grace over Audrey. I actually have that picture of her and Audrey framed in my room. I've been in love with her since I first saw her in "High Society" many years ago (12 years? ahh!). The first picture of Grace is also timeless. I hope I meet her in my next life. Till then, I'll strum through old Life magazines with her in them... (sigh)

Post a Comment