Tuesday, April 7, 2009

steez biting

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Professor Jonathan Z. Smith. Not only is he a great thinker, writer, and teacher, he is quite stylish. I have never seen him without a tie on. That I know of, he smokes to this day and does it with style and grace. Probably to his chagrin, he is one of the biggest influences on my writing and academic career in general. Humble, witty, and utterly charming, Professor Smith sets the bar very high for you budding academics...

see an interview with him here.

1 comments:

Bonnie Klyde said...

He is brilliant and hilarious and he looks like my therapist.
Thanks for the comment! Oberlin's library is really amazing I couldn't take my eyes off the ceiling I suppose I looked a littl wierd on the tour!
-BK

Post a Comment